Friday, April 20, 2012

A Quick Friday Finish!

I made the following Ipad cover using some leftover scraps from Grandpa's Blanket and from my collection.  Here is the finished product:

I think the thing I like the most about it is the quilting on the back.  I used intersecting lines across the whole back -- and it took forever.  I didn't get a very good picture... but you can kind of get the idea:

I made this on the fly without following any pattern or tutorial... and I ended up with two issues:  I messed up the binding - it has the "ugly side" out on the closing flap and I reinforced the stitching on the opening and now it's a bit snug and hard to slide the Ipad in easily.  But... it works for me :)

I am hoping to get some more work done on my First FMQ Quilt and start sewing my Someday Chevron Quilt but for now I am linking this finish up to Finish it up Friday!


  1. Cute cover! I made Kindle cases for my daughters for Christmas and I made my own pattern, too. I had looked for one online and they seemed so expensive for how basic they were. I think sometimes it's just easier to make it up as you go along. Yours came out great!

  2. I did my first tutorial recently that was for a Kindle Sleeve. I didn't do a fold down just slide it in. Yours looks great!

  3. Congrats on your new blog. It looks like you're off to a great start. Love your Kindle cover!

  4. Greta job on the ipad cover. If it works for you, that's all that matters!! I find when I make small mistakes, it just gives me a reason to keep sewing and trying. The day I make something perfect, is the day I stop sewing!! :) :)

    Scrapendipity Designs